1981 Fiat 124 Turbo Spider
1 of 700 built in 1981 and 1982 and only available in the USA. It is estimated that approx. 100 examples remain.
Turbo added 25% additional power to the 2000 cc engine.
Vin #: zfaas00b3b8186841
Over $6,000 was spent over the last three years for the following:
1. Resprayed in the Turbo's original blue. The only blemish I could find on the body is one miniscule spot on the front hood.
2. Top of the line Sun Fast canvas (not vinyl) convertible top ($ 900)
3. New upscale carpets.
4. New Denon stereo/CD ($325)
5. New seat belts.
6. New decals & badges added when painted.
7. New Yokohama YK420 radials.
8. New Catalytic Converter. And more!
9. Power Antenna.
10. Power windows work perfectly.
11. Complete tune-up, fluid change, brake work, clutch checked, and fresh antifreeze
Engine starts immediately and revs freely. Turbo kicks in at approx. 2,000 rpm and is a kick in the pants. Turbo lag is minimal. This model was advertised in the US as being as fast as the Abarth 124 in Europe. All mechanicals and electrics work correctly, steering and suspension are tight and clutch & gearbox is smooth and silky. Tires are brand new and fit and finish (new paint) is exceptional for a car 30 years old.
Interior is super nice with one minor tear in driver's seat. And there is one small crack on the dashboard which is not visible from the cockpit. Truly, this is an outstanding example of this extremely rare model.
Most all receipts date back to 1982. The car comes with the original dealer invoice & manuals. Best of all, it also comes with the original Thermo Guard invoice for the rust-proofing applied before this car left the dealership in San Diego, CA. where the car has spent it's entire life..